Wow! June already! Time really does seem to fly, and gone with my blogging mojo while at it too! But here I am now, and a few ladies wanted me to share with them a few of my natural beauty tips that Iuse, so I thought why not share it here and you can feel free to add any other tips that you might have. Remember, sharing is caring. Some of us have the kind of skin that is so sensitive it reacts to everything and anything. Be it, metal touching it, hair touching it. Well that some of us is me. I’ve used all the products you could name, but what I always hated is the cakey look on my face when it came to using foundations. When a friend of mine, advised me to go the natural way, it got me thinking. The Egyptians in ancient times used to bathe in milk and honey and their skin was flawless, why not go back the natural way and try it out? I started doing my own little research and was fortunate to find a lovely old wise woman who showed me all the amazing things coconut oil can do. So let me share with you a few tips and hope you’ll get good results as much as I did! I’m fortunate to live in the tropical Coastal area surrounded by palm trees full of coconuts, yet I never realized the benefits it has. I’ve shared a few natural tips that I’ve tried and tested through my going natural journey, so go on and turn your kitchen into a beauty treatment!
1. What I do, I cut the coconut in half..let it dry out in the sun for a few days. The white part dries of completely and the oil melts, so for me I don’t buy it at the supermarket and I find this really virgin and pure.(giggles at my lame joke) When I started faithfully applying it daily, within a week the eczema I had was gone! I could wear chains and such like metal things without getting crazy skin reactions!
2. Coconut oil is good for the hair too. I remember when growing up my mum used to apply it on our natural hair and the smell would put us off, yet my sisters and I had very lovely long natural hair then. I decided to go back to using it on my hairline that was slowly vanishing thanks to frequent braiding and my hairline being pulled tightly and it worked wonders. But an extra tip, I mix it with olive oil and massage it on my scalp the smell is not so bad.
3.I had pneumonia that never wanted to get out of my system. Week after week I was put on strong antibiotics. Now the good thing about antibiotics they kill bacteria. The bad thing is, they kill good bacteria too “down there” if you know what I mean. In turn you might get thrush or a urinary tract infection because of it. But coconut oil is natural and good to apply in such sensitive areas. Even your gynae will agree.
4. Now let’s move from coconut oil to other tips I find useful. Turmeric powder and natural yoghurt. If you mix just a bit of turmeric powder and yoghurt to form a thick paste and apply it as a face mask, you get the results instantly, just leave it on for 10 minutes then rinse it off. It leaves your face smooth and tight nicely. Kinda like a natural Botox of sorts.
5.Ever greeted someone and their hands just felt like sandpaper rubbing on your hands? Yeah sometimes we don’t look after our hands well, they do all the work we tend to forget they need extra care sometimes. And for the ladies, rough hands is such a no no. What I do, I normally squeeze some fresh lemon juice, mix it with some sugar and use it as a hand scrub! Smooth, soft hands all the way baby!
6.Sometimes I’m too lazy to start mixing up masks, or want a change from coconut oil. What I do, I rub the inside of fresh peaches in circular motions on my face and body. Awesome you do that for a week and you’ll notice the difference.
7.Did you know that watermelon is a natural skin toner and brightens your skin? Yep no crazy bleaching products needed. Just squeeze out the juice from grated melon, mix with a pinch of gram flour. Apply the paste on your face and leave it for fifteen minutes. Your skin will be glowing after that!
8. Milk and honey. I went back to the Bible for this and decide to try to copy the Egyptians and see if it works. Well, I didn’t go all the way bathing in milk and honey. Just used it on my face, a few years back after I had chicken pox and it left ugly spots on my face. My face became so smooth like a baby’s bum without nappy rash!
9. Egg white is also good to use as a face mask. Though I hate the smell of eggs so I hardly use it.
10. And ladies last but definitely not least, they say we are what you eat. So a pineapple/strawberries or Kiwis a day will make deep-sea diving a bit enjoyable to explore. (If you can’t decipher that code, then I can’t help you much)
Peace and Blessings always,